Limb Lengthening

This blog is about Matthew Drake's Last Limb Lengthening Surgery. I will try to keep this updated as much as possible, with information and pictures.

September 16, 2006

Good Day Eh! (9/16)

Wow - I can't believe how much easier it is this time! (knock on wood) - Matthew only took 1 tylenol #3 all day yesterday, then 1 before bed. We did exercises, and as he lay back from the edge of the bed, he bent his legs back to touch the bed! - It took him a month or two to do this last time !?! Had uneventful sleep - woke around 8:30 and took 1 pill. When I got up around 10:30 ( :) ) I helped him turn on his stomach. We initially didn't think he'd be able to as he has 2 pins coming out of the front of his leg just below the knee, but it works and he says he'd prefer to sleep that way. So, we'll see how that goes. - I am going to see what kind of a knee bend he can get in this position - the therapists are going to be shooting for 90º. - Talk to you later today. ...Well - he managed about 60º on one leg and about 50 or so on the other - not too bad at all - I think we started last time with about 5º! - It's been a good day - we went out for the first time in the van with our new ramps and transfer board. - Was actually pretty easy - just a lot of work - once we get our initial van back (sent it back as ABS/Brake lights kept staying on) I think I'll take out the back seat, then I can drive the chair in without taking it apart - it will be much easier then. Matthew had a good day - again only tylenol 3, and has been eating much better. Tonite's plan is to change his gauze, do a little exercise and watch movies. Night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home